Thursday, September 1, 2011

Product Review; "Sephora Highlighting Compact Powder"


I was NOT looking for this product on my last trip to Sephora. And yet, I continued to pass them over... 3 or 4 times.

It wasn't until I asked one of the sales girls, "can I borrow your face" and dusted a bit of Sephora Highlighting Compact Powder over her highpoints with a fluffy brush that I realized that they would come in handy after all. The texture of these powders is very fine and has just the right amount of shimmer that bounces soft light without looking glittery. In fact, they blend so well, I've gone as far as dusting lids before doing eyeshadow to create a soft base that will smooth out sharp edges.

Composed mainly of Talc (it has a noticeable baby powder smell to it) I found that it's a bit drying over time so obviously it's best when topped over a liquid foundation or primer. Though "dry" is definitely not how it finishes. A good amount of Mica gives massive glow without looking oily and is optimal for flaring out for full bright cheekbones.

Though the tones are not terribly forgiving for everyone. Dore is a light gold shimmer shade that's best suited for medium to dark skin tones as a highlighter but can look kind of orange-ish on fair tones if applied too liberally. However, dusting it with a fan brush under bronzer did create softer hints of color. Rose is a soft pink shimmer that's great for very fair to medium-dark tones everywhere you want brilliance but has a tendency to appear ghostly white on anyone darker. But for really sharp highlights, it's perfect when applied with a denser shadow brush to lips and eyebrow highlights.

Looking at the row of newly highlighted Sephora sales girls before me, I realized I'd make pretty good use of both these colors even if I wasn't originally searching for them. Better to purchase them now rather then pass them by 3 or 4 more times.


Sephora Highlighting Compact Powder; $15.00




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...