Thursday, September 1, 2011

Product Review; "Covergirl Outlast Lipstain"


"Well, that's exactly what I thought a marker would feel like on my lips".

I laughed a bit at my model who sat with her hair up in curlers as she fiddled around with her Blackberry trying to stroke her boyfriend's ego via text-message. Having had her makeup done dozens of times before, I imagine she had been introduced to multiple Covergirl products but low and behold, Outlast Lipstain had eluded her pout until now.

Though the delivery system is a bit unconventional, this product certainly does last. By the time the curlers came out, the boyfriend was soothed and the camera started clicking, the color was still vivid without needing even the slightest bit of touch-up. Applied the same way you would a lipstick or gloss, the texture of the felt tip is a bit bizarre though highly effective at delivering the right amount of color. Available in multiple shades, I found that some show brilliantly, others very bold, and one or two incredibly sheer however, being a stain, don't feather out around liplines.

The stain property dries down into lips while a dose of Hyaluronic Acid retains moisture and Glycerin locks it in. Though not a moisturizing product, I anticipated some drying effect but found none. Most effective over previously moisturized lips and maybe tapped with a bit of gloss, on it's own it won't dry lips out, nor did it make them moist. It simply adds color that holds all day long until removed with a makeup wipe.

Though, the only issue I may have with it is that I tend to transfer lipstick and gloss to a disposable brush to ensure no cross-contamination but it's a bit difficult with this delivery system. So rather than risk reaching for the same tube on another shoot, at the end of the (10 hour) day, I just gave my model the tube. Incredulously, she thanked me then immediately put her Blackberry to her ear;

"The makeup guy just gave me a lip marker!"


Covergirl Outlast Lipstain; $7.99




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...