Monday, July 18, 2011

Working the Poll; "Does sex sell?"



I understand slinky gals in lingerie for Victoria's Secret. I understand buff dudes baring next to nothing for 2(x)ist
. I even understand the sex-obsessed Samantha Jones (Kim Cattrall) for I Can't Believe it's Not Butter. But when it comes to cosmetics, why do I need to be titilated?

Though there does seem to be a pretty common thread; products like Axe Body Spray and Tom Ford's premiere men's fragrance feature beautiful women reacting provocatively to their formulas. So it must be for dudes. Always those one-track minded dudes.

Do women have the capacity to react the same way? If Matthew McConaughey had a tube of lipstick hanging out of his zipper, would you want it? Sure, he's the spokesperson for D&G "The One", but that's also marketed for men. A certain kind of man, but men nonetheless. Unless I'm mistaken... are women buying this fragrance?!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...