Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Product Review; "MAC Mineralize Foundation SPF 15"


The mineral makeup craze has been in full swing for sometime now. And while most of the products are released in loose powder form, last year MAC Cosmetics released a line of cream foundations capitalizing on the trend.

Mineralize Foundation SPF 15 has eluded me for sometime because, to be honest, I don't really care for the packaging. Not that the sleek black compact isn't easily portable and light-weight for travel, but it's a bit bulky when you have to carry all 23 shades throughout New York City.

I finally came around to playing with the formula after having them in my closet for a while. Really easily compatible with all skin types, even dry ones and holds a satin sheen pretty much all day. The formula is free of waxes and instead feels a bit like a gel that smoothes over skin reducing the appearance of pores and hydrating skin with it's content of 30.5% water. Plus a blend of beet extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, and yeast extracts create a luxurious and soft texture that feels weightless and doesn't produce excess oil on the skin so there's very little need for shine control.

I now like the formula enough to carry them around with me. However, I did transfer the cream to some pill-box containers I found at Walgreens. The packaging isn't nearly as fancy, but at least I'm not as far behind on the mineralize craze.


MAC Mineralize Foundation SPF 15; $32.50

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...