Monday, February 21, 2011

Product Review; "FACE Stockholm Matte Lipstick"


In my search for some neutral lipstick shades, I decided to head out to the corner beauty supply store to see what I could find in a pinch. While I was determined not to break the bank, I did leave with some impulse purchases. But still my bill remained well under $50... not too shabby. But, alas, I hadn't found all that I was looking for and knew exactly where I would find it.

FACE Stockholm offers a wide range of products from top knotch unisex skin care to bold nail colors and densely pigmented eye shadows. But one of the main products I head in for are their range of Matte Lipsticks. Popular with everyone including burlesque star Dita Von Teese, these rich colors come in a spectrum from bold reds to sophisticated neutrals in a formula that looks, but never feels, dry. Made with emollients to keep lips from flaking, each tube glides on easily and provides maximum coverage. You're unlikely to see your actual lip color show through.

However, the colors in the neutral palette are so complimentary and warm to skin tones, they're ideal for hiding discrepancies and looking completely seemless. For fairer skin tones, colors like "Dawn" and "Natural" are perfect for creating that nude lip to go with a bolder eye makeup and they pair easily with gloss or balm without compromising texture. The only real drawback is the price-point ($22) which isn't really so bad when you compare it to other decadent brands. Though these lipsticks are well worth the price when it comes to performance, I know I'll never leave their store for under $50.


FACE Stockholm Matte Lipstick; $22.00

2 comments:

William Miranda said...

I agree, well worth the price.... I'm not too big on the rest of their products but their lipsticks!?! Top notch and in a great variety of colors.

Legend Rivera said...

I really dig them too.
Glad another professional is on the same wavelength!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...