Monday, November 15, 2010

Product Review; "Maybelline Volume Express the Falsies Mascara"


At 3pm on KSBW 8 I'd be plopped down in front of my television because reruns of Magnum P.I. would be starting just before the Kids Club Hour.

What? I'm the only one?

You telling me you weren't mesmerized by the glory that is Tom Selleck's moustache? I would dream of the day when I could finally grow one of my own. The length, the width, and of course, the volume. Pretty appropriate that the theme song behind one of the thickest of moustaches is now playing behind a commercial for a volumizing mascara.

Maybelline New York was launched on a mascara after all. The iconic Great Lash mascara in it's pink tube with lime green cap has been a staple of a woman's handbag for almost 100 years. Even through the decades to come, Great Lash has remained as one of the most reached for over-the-counter mascaras to date. No competing formulas have even posed so much as a threat.

Until now?

While Great Lash has proven to provide an excellent coat for a day-wear look, the transition to evening definitely necessitates much more drama. With it's dense formula and " multi-patented spoon brush " Volume Express the Falsies Mascara boasts;

" No gaps from any angle, No false lashes needed, [and] 300% more visible lashes from corner to corner "

...300% compared to what?

Magnum P.I.'s moustache, that's what! Right out of the tube this mascara goes on smooth and even catching each and every lash from "corner to corner" leaving the follicle coated in creamy mascara that refuses to clump. The wand is filled with bristles that catch and seperate each lash for one fluid motion that is sure to grab even the tiniest ones on the outer corners. It dries pretty evenly too without much weight so you almost forget that you even have it on.

And so far, all I've needed was one swipe out of the tube. For both eyes. It really is quite dense, rich and dark. Right now, there are only two options for color; Brown and Black. But I imagine there is really no need for any others as both will give your hair follicles rich, thick and voluminous allure you're sure to be the envy of anyone who gazes into your eyes.

I'd love to invoke that kind of envy, however I'm not much for batting my lashes. But the next time I run into Tom Selleck, I may have to comb it through my moustache.



Maybelline Volume Express the Falsies Mascara; $7.49

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...