Friday, July 9, 2010

Product Review; "Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15"


The heat in NYC is INTOLERABLE! If you're walking around the city with a face full of makeup, you understand how difficult it is to keep it looking like skin. A tremendous amount of touch-ups is inevitable and can easily become a case of "cake face". The search for the right product in this situation can be really laborious.

Bobbi Brown sent me a press package a few months ago with a slew of foundations for me to play with. Among them was the "Skin Foundation SPF 15" and, I gotta be honest, I wasn't impressed. The formula I found to be a bit dry which concerned me when setting with any kind of powder. So I kept them off to the side thinking I'd give it a second chance at some point in time. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?

Yesterday, that opportunity finally arrived. While on set in 104 degree weather, this particular foundation seemed optimal. The really light texture and medium coverage was ideal for a shoot that would keep my models in perfect condition even through a bit of sweating. The formula absorbed excess oil production without moving around and maintained it's coverage even when dabbed with a bit of tissue to pick up beads of sweat.

I have to say, I'm glad I hung onto this foundation because it really saved the day. Another formula may have bunched or slipped causing a slew of touch-ups and uncomfortable models. Plus, it comes in a huge variety of colors and tones to choose from.

The only other draw back I could think of was the packaging which is a glass bottle. Not an issue for most people, but I tend to be on the clumsy side and drop just about everything. But if this foundation keeps working like it did, I'll make it a point to be a little more careful!


Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15; $45

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...